The Institute of Brain and Education Innovation of East China Normal University is an interdisciplinary research institute established by the university to integrate resources of key disciplines, namely, brain science, neuroscience, psychology, education science, and information science. There are currently several postdoctoral positions are available and open for applicants in the area of education, psychology and biology, which provides a high-level research platform for outstanding researchers who are interested in the research of interdisciplinary fields in brain science and education innovation.
1. Comply with scientific and academic ethics, physical and mental health;
2. Obtain a doctoral degree from a world-renowned university or research institute (the doctoral degree should be acquired within recent two years or is about to be acquired); in principle, the applicants should be under 35 years old (except for especially excellent applicants);
3. Fluent in English, have excellent academic achievements and have the ability to publish papers in SCI/SSCI journals and influential journals (category A) in China;
4. Full-time postdoctoral research work is essential.
1. Children's brain imaging technology platform
Direction: Cognitive Neuroscience
The successful applicants will work on fMRI experiments and data that collected from children or teenagers, and should have intensive experience on fMRI data mining and brain functional connection analysis.
1) To supervise fMRI experiments;
2) To conduct analyses of neuroimaging data on large datasets;
3) To develop statistical models and/or use software that incorporate information across different modalities of data such as 3D-T1, rs-fMRI, and DTI;
4) To write scientific articles for publication;
5) To collaborate with research scientists from other teams;
6) To present findings at the international conferences.
Ph.D. in Psychology, Informatics, Computational Science or related fields.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities:
More than 3 published SCI papers are required. Experience of more than 2 years in research using fMRI and data analysis is highly desirable. The candidates that satisfying one or more of the following conditions are particularly encouraged to apply:
1) Strong programming skills (working knowledge of Linux, Python, R, Matlab) are desirable.
2) Familiar with toolbox such as SPM, FSL, or AFNI; familiar with data analysis of resting state fMRI, such as FC, FCD, graph theory, Rich club, machine learning; in addition, familiar with dynamic FC analysis is highly desirable;
3) Familiar with toolbox such as free surfer; familiar with brain structure analysis, such as cortical thickness, DTI connection;
4) Familiar with fMRI-EEG technology and data analysis methods;
5) Interested in children's neuroimaging studies.
2. Mind Assessment Platform
Position 1: Cognitive Neuroscience
The ideal candidates should:
1) Have a PhD in a related field (e.g., neuroscience, computer science, psychology).
2) Have strong skills in neuroscience methods, including MRI, EEG and fNIRS.
3) Have strong writing skills and have published more than one peer-review paper (in the field of neuroscience or psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences JCR Q1).
Position 2: Psychological Measurement
The ideal candidates should:
1) Have a PhD in a related field (e.g., statistics, psychology)
2) Have strong skills in data collection and statistical modelling
3) Have strong writing skills and have published more than one peer-review paper (in the field of psychology or statistics, Chinese Academy of Sciences JCR).
Position 3: Developmental Psychology
The ideal candidates should:
1) Have a PhD in a related field (e.g., psychology) or Post-Doc research is strongly preferred.
2) Have solid experience in the psychology of learning and teaching
3) Have strong writing skills and have published more than one peer-review paper (in the field of educational psychology, Chinese Academy of Sciences JCR).
3. Physiological and Genomic study
1) Engaged in Genome-Phenotype associated Analysis, Ph.D preferred, majors in Bioinformatics or related.
2) Published research papers on bioinformatics as the first author and be capable of carrying out research work on bioinformatics independently, <35 years old.
4. Virtual Reality in Education Application
Direction 1: Human-Computer Interaction in Virtual reality
1) Ph.D. in psychology, human factors, computer science, or other related fields;
2) Experience and knowledge in methodologies and experimental design of human-computer interaction research;
3) Experience in mathematical modeling of human behavior;
4) Solid programming skills in C+ or Python;
5) Knowledge in building virtual reality environments using Unity3D is a plus;
6) More than two published or accepted papers in human-computer interaction area.
Direction 2: Human behavior in virtual reality
1) Ph.D. in psychology, education, cognitive neuroscience or other related fields;
2) Familiar with brain imaging experimental design and data analysis (fMRI or fNIRS);
3) Experience in using virtual reality for brain imaging research experience is a plus;
4) Experience in game engines such as Unity3D is a plus.
5) More than two published or accepted SCI or SSCI papers in psychology, education or cognitive neuroscience.
Familiar with the basic education field, with a better background in psychology research, and those who are interested in engaging in interdisciplinary research in brain science and teaching are preferred.
Ⅲ.Welfare & Remuneration
1. Sign a two-year work agreement. The annual salary and allowance before taxes are no less than RMB 200,000 Yuan. And, there will be a relocation allowance of RMB 20,000 Yuan. Especially excellent candidates can also apply for “Postdoctoral International Exchange Program”, in which the winner can get annual salary and allowance not less than RMB 300,000 Yuan (pre-tax);
2. Postdoctoral candidates can conduct the procedures involving renting the postdoctoral apartment, campus parking permit and joining the Labor Union according to our regulations;
3. Postdoctoral researchers who meet the qualification requirements of intermediate professional and technical positions can apply to identify the qualifications for assistant researcher;
4. Postdoctoral candidates can enjoy related polices published by the National Post-Doctoral Management Committee, such as transfer the household registration and archive; their children can enjoy local education and other policies;
5. At the expiration of the agreement, the Institute of Brain and Education Innovation will give priority to recommend excellent personnel joining our Talents Scheme.
This recruitment is valid all year round. Application deadline of the first batch is: September 30th ,2018. Please send the following application materials to the contact:
1. Personal resume;
2. The electronic edition of two representative publications or your doctoral dissertation (for the publications with over 50 pages, please provide the abstract or the condensed version);
3. The Postdoctoral Working Plan.
We will adhere to the principle of “public recruitment, merit-based admission” to carry out the preliminary examination on the application materials and then arrange uniform interview for the candidates who pass the primary review. Application materials are not refundable.
Contact: Mr. Zhang