# Hot Search #
# Hot Search #
Estuarine, coastal and shelf sediment, environment and ecosystem dynamics
Solutions to various problems associated with natural resources, environment, ecosystems, hazards and land uses in the coastal zone; scientific support for the engineering of harbors/ports, navigation channels, estuarine reservoirs and reclamation, with publications in top international journals such as Nature, Science Advances, Nature Communications, Geology and JGR, which gained prizes from the government.
With a history of more than 60 years, optics research at East China Normal University (ECNU) boasts distinctive advantages in optical spectroscopy with high resolution, high precision, and high sensitivity. Established with approval from the Chinese Ministry of Science and Technology in January 2007, the ECNU State Key Laboratory of Precision Spectroscopy focuses on three research directions, namely, precision spectroscopy in the time-frequency domain, ultra-sensitive precision spectroscopy, and micro/nano precision spectroscopy.
1.Ultracold quantum systems for precision measurement and manipulation
2. Ultrafast physical property precision measurement and manipulation
3. Advanced manufacturing beyond the limit with ultrafast lasers
4. Optical field time-frequency domain precision control
5. Optical clock physics Ultra-sensitive measurement and application
6. Micronano photonics and devices
The laboratory boasts an innovative research team with a reasonable age structure. Among its 90 plus permanent members are 54 professors and 19 associated professors, and 70% of them are below 45. Currently, more than 300 MA and PhD students are learning there.
Zhejiang Tiantong Forest Ecosystem National Observation Research Station is located in Tiantong National Forest Park (29o48’N, 121o47’E, 200 m a.s.l.), Ningbo city, Zhejiang province. The landscape and dominant vegetation type i.e., typical evergreen broad-leaved forest (EBLF) in this area are mainly characterized by the subtropical monsoon climate. Zhejiang Tiantong Forest Ecosystem National Observation Research Station was developed from Tiantong Ecological Research Station of Department of Environmental Science of ECNU, which was founded in 1992. In 2005, it became one of the key sites in the China National Ecosystem Observation and Research Network (CNERN). Currently, it is the only state-level forest station in East China.
During the past ten years, seven long-term monitoring platforms have been set up for forest ecosystem research. These platforms include:
(1) Plots of secondary successive communities of EBLF
(2) Forest dynamic plot for species coexistence research, belonging to CTFS and Chinese Forest Biodiversity Monitoring Network
(3) Forest dynamic plot for plant function and trait research
(4) Extreme drought experiment plot
(5) Nitrogen and phosphorous additions experiment plot
(6) Plots of vegetation restoration experiment
(7) Biochar addition experiment plot
The research of Zhejiang Tiantong Forest Ecosystem National Observation Research Station mainly aims to explore:
(1) species coexistence and the maintenance of biodiversity, especially in subtropical forests;
(2) the underlying mechanisms of terrestrial responses to global climate change, which facilitate the regional projections of ecosystem functions in this area.
Close cooperation has been established between Zhejiang Tiantong Forest Ecosystem National Observation Research Station and the German Federal Agency for Nature Conversation, Griffith University, Australia, Northern Arizona University, etc. The main fields of cooperation are vegetation restoration, biodiversity and ecosystem functioning, and global change ecology.
Zhejiang Tiantong Forest Ecosystem National Observation Research Station provides field courses for around 400 undergraduate students per year. Regular summer courses are organized for young students to enhance their responsibilities for ecological and environmental protection.